Amigurumi Pattern | Pikachu & Psyduck Marshmallow Edition




Hi guys! I know it's been a long time since my last written pattern. I got so frustrated at noting down my patterns, that I usually just do as I see fit without noting down how I do my amigurumi. Some how this means that I can do it once, and then I have to figure out how I did it again if I ever wanted to make the same amigurumi. Not really an effective way to proceed if I were to make them again, so I decided to try to note down (as much as I can or want). 

Today, I'm going to share a relatively simple pattern.. actually two patterns. I know there is so much pokemon amigurumi pattern out there, the list is endless but what's special is that each designer added in their own flare into it. It's just a matter of which style you like better.
Heck, I have even created my first design with a pikachu head (not one of my greatest work, but it's my first). And here I am again, with another pikachu pattern, except of course, I think this version is cuter. 

P.S. I actually had to create some of the parts again for the sake of writing down this pattern, because I found out I did not properly documented how I created both of these. Things I do for love.

imageimage
Materials
2.75mm hook (or any hook size that suits your yarn)
Minlon acrylic yarn (or any sport yarn)
# Yellow (I used pale yellow because I want to give it a pastel hue)
# Black 
# Brown
# Red
# Light beige (or any suitable colour for Psyduck's beak)
6mm Safety eyes 
Fibre fill
Embroidery needle
Felt cloth (Optional)
#Black
imageimage

Crochet Pattern
Abbreviation
ch - chain
sk - skip stitch
ss - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
inc - increase
dec - decrease
* or * * - repeat following pattern until row ends
* * xA - repeat instr inside for A times
MR - Magic ring
FLO - front loop only
BLO - Back loop only
F/O - finish off

Some basic explanation for the pattern I have written 
"inc" means sc x2 in the next sc
"inc by 3" means sc x3 in the next sc
"2sc" means sc x1 in the next sc, repeat 2x
"2inc" means sc x2 in the next sc, repeat 2x
"ch3" means ch 3 times
imageimage


Body
#Yellow
R1: 6sc in MR (6)
R2: *inc (12)
R3: *sc, inc (18)
R4: *2sc, inc (24) 
R5: *3sc, inc (30)
R6-10: *sc (30)
R11: *14sc, inc (32)
R12-15: *sc (32)
Put the eyes in and stuff the fella. Please refer to How to Assemble for positioning.
R16: *2sc, dec (24)
R17: *dec (12) 
R18: *dec (6)
F/O using "ultimate finish-off" 

Ear
#Black
R1: 3sc in MR (3)
R2: inc, sc, inc (5)
#Yellow
R3: sc, inc, sc, inc, sc (7)
R4: 3sc, inc, 3sc (8)
R5: *sc (8)

Cheek
#Red
R1: 6sc in MR, ss on to 1st sc (6)

Hands
#Yellow
R1: 2ch, turn and sc on second ch. 

Feet
#Yellow
R1: 3sc in MR (3)
R2: *sc (3)

Tail
This tail pattern is mainly inspired by 53stitches (Check her pikachu pattern out!). I used the same idea as hers to created the tail with slight difference, since I have to accommodate the size to my chibi version. Fortunately, her explanation is very detailed, so it's easy to understand.

I used joined round method for the tail. Basically it just means you're going to start every round with a ch1 and end the round by ss into this ch1. Ref: tutorial from msweaver, you may use the 1st and 2nd method.
As for the base, it means we are going to work around the base chain. Ref: tutorial by Mohu blog

#Yellow
Base: 3ch
R1: Sc on the 2nd ch from hook, inc by 3, inc on the other side of the second ch, ss on the last ch from Base. (6)
R2: ch1, 6sc, ss into the ch1 you made in the start of this row (6)
R3: ch1, 6sc, ch4, ss into the ch1 at the start of this row (10)
R4: ch1, 10sc, ss into the ch1 at the start of this row (10) 
#Brown
R5: ch1, sc, skip 4sc, 3sc, ch4, 2sc, ss into the ch1 at the start of this row (10)
R6: ch1, 10sc, ss into the ch1 at the start of this row (10)


imageimage

How to Assemble 

Now, as you might notice, our tail has holes here and there! We can fix that up by stitching those open ends. Use the appropriate colour yarn (yellow or brown). I marked the place to stitch with "(" in the picture below.



And now, for the positioning! Normally I would not teach how you should put together all the parts because I'm not sure how to write the instructions to do so. But lately I got an inspiration from some Japanese amigurumi pattern book. So, I'll be using that technique as a guide for positioning! I'll let the picture do the explanation.
Oh, and if the line starts from the top of the amigurumi, assume the row count start from the first round of the body. The same goes for the bottom using last round of the body.

As for the nose, I cut out a small triangle using black felt cloth and glued it on.






teh running Pikachu by djtheburninator

imageimage



Body
#Yellow
R1: 6sc in MR (6)
R2: *inc (12)
R3: *sc, inc (18)
R4: *2sc, inc (24) 
R5: *3sc, inc (30)
R6-10: *sc (30)
R11: *14sc, inc (32)
R12-15: *sc (32)
Put the eyes in and stuff the fella. Please refer to How to Assemble for positioning.
R16: *2sc, dec (24)
R17: *dec (12) 
R18: *dec (6)
F/O using "ultimate finish-off" 

Beak
#Light Beige
Base: ch 4, turn (4)
R1: start in the second ch from hook. 2sc, inc by 3, sc, inc (8)
R2: *inc, sc (12)
R3: 5sc, dec, 3sc, dec (10)
R4: 4sc, dec, 2sc, dec (8)

Hand
#Yellow
R1: 5sc in MR (5)
R2: ss, [hdc,dc,hdc] on same sc, ss 

Feet
#Light Beige
R1: 6sc in MR (6)
R2: [ss, ch2, ss] into the 1st sc of R1, [ss,ch3,ss] into the 2nd sc, [ss, ch2, ss] into the 3rd sc, ss into 4th

Tail
#Yellow
R1: 3sc in MR (3)
R2: inc, 2sc (4)
R3: inc, 3sc (5)
R4: 2inc, 3sc (7)

Hair
#Black
Make 1 center hair: ch5, 4ss
Make 2 side hair: ch4, 3ss

imageimage

How to Assemble 

Okay, some comments for the beak. The one I have on my Psyduck might be smaller, because my yarn was thinner. Even though my yarns are of the same brand (don't you just hate it when that happens?). For tutorial's sake, I made a new beak using the same yellow yarn I used for the body. To give you an idea of the expected size if your yarns have the same thickness size (lucky you).

As you might notice, my beak has this dented shape. You can skip this step if you are satisfied with the oval beak. This is totally an optional step.
It was difficult to crochet the shape out, so I made a little cheat technique to achieve that look. All you need is some stray yarn of the same color. I used brown yarn below so that it's easier to see. Basically I just tie the yarn around the beak, made a knot and fasten them, then I sew the ends into the beak and body to make sure they don't come lose. You can make a dead knot too, but be sure to tuck the knot into the beak so that the bump is not visible.

And then sew in the nostrils using some black yarns.








Psyduck by CreepyJellyfish

imageimage

If you like what I do, please subscribe to my blogimage
Follow me on these platforms as well!  


**Disclaimer: I do not own this character, this character solely belongs to Nintendo. This is purely a fan-based work and pattern by me. Please credit me if you're using this pattern in any way. Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, is it ok if i borrow the pikachu pattern just the body for the base as i'm planning to make eeveelutions I'm not selling anything I'm doing them just to pass time

    ReplyDelete