Foodie Review | Mrs Pho & Derwish Turkish Restaurant

*A month later* *decided to write in* Anyway. please excuse my poor vocabulary as I think I am in a lost-for-word state of mind right now. My capability to "english" is getting rusty. 

As promised, a full review on Mrs Pho! Their winning motto "Feeds you like a family" which explains a lot on how they prepare their food.


♥ Chanh Muoi (Saigon Salty Lemonade) - $2
I tried this on my first visit, I really liked it. Definitely will help increase your appetite.

Da Uo Da (Homemade Yogurt Drink) - $2
Something sweet and a bit sour-ish. Like this as well.

Ca Phe Sua Da (Viet Coffee with Condensed Milk)- $3
I don't drink coffee but it was recommended by a friend of my friend. Review: great!



♥ Goi Cuon (Fresh Spring Rolls) - $3.50
Fresh ingredients and very generous on the portion. The sauce is a winner. Need I say more?


Cha Gio (Fried Pork Spring Roll) - $3
Unfortunately, for me this is just okay. Prefer the fresh spring rolls.


♥ Goi Du Du Tom Thit (Papaya Salad with Prawn & Pork) - $6
The papaya salad was a surprise for me, as I didn't expect it would be so delicious! And here I thought only Thai salad can satisfy me. MUST ORDER OKAY.



Pho Bo Dac Biet (Special Beef Combo Noodle Soup) - $8.90
Here comes the main star. Pho Bo was absolutely amazing, and it reminded me of the noodle place we often patron during our trip to Ho Chi Minh City (which was so good we went back 3-4 times during the whole trip).


Com Suon Cha Trung (Rice with Pork Chop, Viet Ham and Fried Egg) - $7
Unfortunately, this didn't make it into my "yummy" list. Pork chop was too dry and hard to chew. So, I didn't really enjoyed it. 

Mrs Pho
Where | 349 Beach Rd, 199570 Singapore


We decided to just chill out around the area after our dinner at Mrs Pho. I was craving for dessert and Haji Lane was just around the corner. So, why the heck not?


Apple Tea
To our surprise, the tea is sweet. It definitely taste more like apple juice rather than tea. But I really liked it. It's very aromatic. 


Kunefe/Kanafeh
This is the second Kunefe I had in Haji Lane. The first time was at another restaurant. But I think this version is better although I think it is a bit pricey (since you know, it's actually very easy to make). Anyway, this was pretty good. 

One of the down side is that the service was really bad. They seem pretty friendly before you sat down because they are trying to lure customers in. After we sat down, it took like forever for them to give us the menu. It's also quite hard to get the attention of the waitress (lack of manpower?). I also ordered a Tabouleh, but in the end, it didn't came even after we finished everything. When asked for the bill, they charged us for the Tabouleh as well. Didn't try the food, so I am not sure if this place is worth the hassle. 

Derwish Turkish Mediterranean Restaurant
Where | 60 Bussorah St, 199476

No comments:

Post a Comment